Sunday, September 18, 2011

"my art photography is pretty existential, but it's fairly pomo so it might be over your head"

[note: I started this the day I took the photos (thursday) but doing it sounded horribly unappealing until today (sunday) because the mountain of homework I have to do is now imminent. So it is slightly outdated in that it is now pouring. Do not be deceived by the sunshine.]

I was going to do some kind of "day in my life" situation, but, as you will see, it dies after 2 PM. Because we saw the most depressing movie ever about the Holocaust and betrayal and control and all sorts of fun themes and taking photos got less fun. HOWEVER, a (possibly uninteresting) photo essay of my day today (until 2):
Not very interesting; the view of my neighborhood from right in front of my house.


A house I am obsessed with because it clearly belongs to a fairy.




my neighbhorhood!
Creepy cavern underneath the train to get to my station!

The S1 Train!
One-stop train station shopping for kitten postcards and cartons of cigarettes!

TRAMS!
Not the best photo, but my tram shows me this view of the city EVERY DAY.
The street škola is on!
Joe & Aidan kicking it in our school's kitchen.
One of the classrooms.
Julia hurrying down the spiral staircase for Český class.
SIT library! All the Kafka and Kundera and Holocaust lit and Commie lit and brand new books about gender because gender studies didn't exist before like 15 years ago here YOU COULD WANT!
Our chill upstairs space, where we do things like eat lunches packed for us by our Czech mamas and abandon art projects on that table.
The view from our little roof terrace! Mmmmmmm.
Grace & team pretending to work on our photo project from the 2nd day in Prague...whoops. 
Lee & Aidan being artsy. Metaphoto. Ooooooh.
A ridiculously back-lit picture of some of the cohort watching Lee's slam poetry baddassary on youtube.
The crew rolls out to what we will soon learn is the most depressing Czech Holocaust film of our lives. Look at us...we were so innocent. (in case anyone likes names, from the left: Lee, Joe, Grace, Christie, Dani).
Waiting at Sparta (yes, that is the tram stop where we go to school. Insert many many jokes here.) for the tram.
Dani and Joe on tram.
The guy I always think is calling me a honky.
Metro. WOOO!
ok, so that might have been really boring. my bad. deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment